The Community Connection Award was not given in 2011.
In 2011, KHA will be focusing our efforts on the Community Needs Assessment requirements in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Community Connection Award will not be given in 2011. KHA will look to our members for feedback on this award program as we determine whether to bring it back in 2012. Share your feedback with Cindy Samuelson
Congratulations to our 2010 Community Connections Awardees
KHA is pleased to announce the six hospitals across Kansas that are the recipients of the 2010 Community Connections Awards. View their award presentations on the KHA YouTube Channel.
- CORES - Community Outreach Regarding Excellence in Students; Republic County Hospital, Belleville
- Healthy U - A New School of Thought; Sabetha Community Hospital, Sabetha
- Healthy Kids Initiative; Labette Health, Parsons
- Health Connections’ Support of St. Gianna Health Clinic; Kingman Community Hospital, Kingman
- Primary Care Clinic; Cheyenne County Hospital, Saint Francis
- CHOC Youth Development; Satanta District Hospital, Satanta
Thank you to all of the 47 hospitals that shared their hospital-based programs with us. All 70 programs will be featured in our upcoming Community Connections booklet. Both KHA and AHA will highlight your programs, as we work to tell the hospital story in Kansas and in the nation's capital.