Kansas Association of Risk and Quality Management
The Kansas Association of Risk and Quality Management was created to promote the delivery of quality health care and the practice of risk management in Kansas health care facilities. Membership includes risk and quality management professionals in health care facilities or health-related organizations. KARQM's goals include:
- Promoting the professional development of individuals in the health care risk and quality management profession;
- Providing a newsletter and pertinent information to serve the interests of KARQM members;
- Facilitating networking among the members, including an annual business meeting;
- Advancing the profession of health care risk and quality management;
- Serving as a resource for relevant educational programs in Kansas; and
- Participating in and being a resource for legislative issues affecting health care risk and quality management.
KARQM hosts an annual two-day seminar focusing on current pertinent topics such as patient safety, quality improvement, litigation issues, etc., and regularly scheduled district meetings are encouraged. In addition, KARQM sponsors a mentoring program to assist risk and quality management professionals who are new to the field.
For more information about KARQM, contact: Susan Runyan, 2012 KARQM president, at (785) 273-2552, ext. 368; or Deborah Stern, KHA liaison, at (785) 233-7436.
Related Downloads and Links