Kansas Association of Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals
Formerly Known as Kansas Association of Directors of Volunteer Services
The Kansas Association of Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals, formerly known as Kansas Association of Directors of Volunteer Services, was organized to provide structure for ongoing development, advancement and recognition of professional administration of department of volunteer services within health care facilities, which include hospitals, senior care facilities and hospice.
- Develop standards and sound practices for departments of volunteer services in health care facilities;
- Establish and maintain communication among hospital directors of volunteer services in Kansas;
- Offer educational opportunities for continued growth and professional development in the field;
- Further the promotion and recognition of departments of volunteer services in health care facilities;
- Attract new persons to the profession and to retain skilled persons;
- Incorporate the process of continuous quality improvement; and
- Strengthen the relationship with the Kansas Hospital Association.
Individuals eligible for membership in KAHVRP are persons employed and recognized by the administration of health care institutions as having major and continuing responsibility for the volunteer services with those institutions. There are three classes of membership:
- Active membership may be granted to directors, assistants or coordinators of volunteer programs in institutions holding active institutional membership in KHA. Active members have full membership privileges.
- Associate membership may be granted to directors, assistants or coordinators of volunteer programs in institutions which are eligible for, but do not hold, active institutional membership in KHA. Associate members have full membership privileges.
- Honorary membership may be awarded by the KAHVRP executive committee to persons who have retired from the profession and whose service and dedication to the association and/or volunteerism has been outstanding.
An educational opportunity for members is held at least once a year in November at the annual meeting. Currently, there are 18 KAHVRP members. For more information on membership, contact: 2012 KAHVRP Co-chairs Beverly J. Rice at (785) 354-6084 or Allyson Leland at (785) 505-3141; or Cindy Samuelson, KHA liaison at (785) 233-7436.
KAHVRP Annual Meeting Educational Session Presentation Available
Integrated Healthcare Strategies has provided the slides presented at the KAHVRP Annual Meeting and Educational Session so that each of you may consider and implement strategies to improve the experience of your volunteers and help your organizations achieve remarkable results.
For those of you that would like to have a recorded version of this presentation as a reference or to share with others, one is archived at http://www.integratedhealthcarestrategies.com/knowledgecenter.aspx. It is a similar presentation that was delivered as an international Webcast to more than 300 volunteer directors throughout the US, Canada and Australia. Click on “Webinars” then “View Webinar” then “View Recording.” Viewing the presentation takes about 50 minutes.
Downloads and Related Links