Kansas Association of Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals
The Kansas Association of Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals, formerly known as Kansas Association of Directors of Volunteer Services, was organized to provide structure for ongoing development, advancement and recognition of professional administration of department of volunteer services within health care facilities, which include hospitals, senior care facilities and hospice.
- Develop standards and sound practices for departments of volunteer services in health care facilities;
- Establish and maintain communication among hospital directors of volunteer services in Kansas;
- Offer educational opportunities for continued growth and professional development in the field;
- Further the promotion and recognition of departments of volunteer services in health care facilities;
- Attract new persons to the profession and to retain skilled persons;
- Incorporate the process of continuous quality improvement; and
- Strengthen the relationship with the Kansas Hospital Association.
Individuals eligible for membership in KAHVRP are persons employed and recognized by the administration of health care institutions as having major and continuing responsibility for the volunteer services with those institutions. Members consists of:
- Directors, assistants or coordinators of volunteer programs in institutions holding active institutional membership in KHA.
An annual educational opportunity for members is offered in November, traditionally in conjunction with the KHA Annual Convention and Tradeshow. A summer education session also may be available. Currently, there are 18 KAHVRP members. For more information on membership, contact: 2015 KAHVRP Co-Presidents Kristi Nichols at (620) 343-6800 or Michelle McClanahan at (785) 263-6692 or KHA Liaison Cindy Samuelson at (785) 233-7436.
Downloads and Related Links